Thursday, April 14, 2011

Slightly Pissed Off

I'm sure everyone has had something piss them off for no real reason at all. This happened to me about 25-30 minutes ago. One of the aides on my floor was helping me with some repositioning. When she was repositioning my lap tray, which I use my mouse on, we were having difficulty getting my hand just right. I was getting frustrated, which got her frustrated. When she said she could only gives me 2 more minutes because she had to help put other people to bed, I lost my cool. I said I'm tired of always being the one who has to wait and that I was going to report it. When she left my room, I shouted that this hospital is a joke and no better than a nursing home. Then I hit my buzzer because I needed a suction. The respiratory therapist asked me what I wanted and I told her what I needed. She told me to hold on because another patient's ventilator alarm was going off and she had to check. I got miffed because two nurses were in the hallway doing narcotics count, which I know is very important. However, does that somehow exclude them from the responsibility of checking on a patient when their ventilator is alarming?

I can't tell you how many times I've needed a suction quite badly only to be told I had to wait because the nurses were either doing report or narcotics count. Am I mistaken of is breathing not a priority any longer?

Peace,

Chris

No comments: