Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rest In Peace Cody

It's difficult to believe that yet another friend of mine with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is gone. Times like this make me wonder why I'm still here. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful to be here, but it seems that those with so much to offer are taken away from us far too soon. I'm thankful to be a survivor so far, but it's so painful to see this merciless disease strike down friend after friend. Sometimes it's almost too much to bare, but I go on because I know that's what my fallen comrades want me to do.

I wish I had known Cody better, but I'm happy that I did know him. We would talk occasionally on Yahoo Instant Messenger. The conversations were never very long, but they were always meaningful. I could tell that he genuinely cared. He had been helping me try to resolve a wound care issue that I have been having for some time now. He had the same issue and we talked about what approaches we were taking to care for our wounds. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about such things.

We had played World of Warcraft together a few times, which I really enjoyed. I will definitely miss our conversations and game time. My deepest and most heartfelt condolences to go out to his family and all of his friends and acquaintances.

I won't say goodbye because I know that we will meet again one day. May you forever rest in peace my friend.

Peace,

Chris

1 comment:

mark said...

I wonder why I'm still here sometimes too. I'm only aware of one of my DMD buddies back home that is alive. Very sad but we must continue the fight, enjoying the most of what we can.

Great to see another post...Mark